In 1968, Birmingham saw the beginnings of Black Sabbath, and Ozzy Osbourne began his climb on the ladder to fame. Fifty-two years since then and the Prince of Darkness has been in and out of the spotlight.
Osbourne’s achievements include a band credited with the creation of heavy metal, a successful solo career, and even a reality TV show – so just what is the net worth of the Blizzard of Oz?
OZZY’S NET WORTH
That $220 million is Ozzy and Sharon’s net-worth combined. His net worth coming from touring, recording, and various television shows and Sharon’s role as Ozzy’s manager, manager of other bands, and her appearance on various television shows.
This number is only an estimation based on Ozzy’s career because he remains tight-lipped about his finances – and who can blame him? When you work as hard as the Oz, you have the right to keep a secret or two!
We also think that after the launch of the Ozzy Osbourne Slots game, Ozzy might be worth even more. If you have ever stepped in a casino before, you probably already know that the “house” always wins.
A HISTORY OF WORKING HARD
Ozzy’s career frequently gets overshadowed by his history of alcohol and drug use, but the truth is that Ozzy has worked hard all his life.
Starting at age 15 when he left school, Ozzy has never been afraid of hard work; his first jobs including work on a construction site and as a trainee plumber [Source.]
- Throughout his career, Ozzy has sold more than 100 million albums.
- The heavy metal festival pioneered by Ozzy – Ozzfest – has welcomed five million festival-goers and has grossed more than $100 million!
- Ozzy was the first name in heavy metal to reach $50 million in merchandise sales.
- During the first season of ‘The Osbournes’, Ozzy made just $20,000 per episode. His per season pay climbed exponentially in the subsequent seasons to $5 million per episode.
SUCCESS RUNS IN THE FAMILY
Ozzy and Sharon aren’t the only members of the Osbourne family who are well off, though.
- Eldest daughter Aimee keeps out of the spotlight but has a net worth of $5 million.
- Son Jack (and the youngest of the Osbourne clan) has appeared in several TV shows and has a net worth of $10 million.
- The middle child of Ozzy and Sharon, Kelly, has made her name in various aspects of Hollywood, and she has a net worth of $15 million.